Reasons why the friends you meet traveling are friends for life:
1. They have seen you at your best and at your worst and still love you.
They’ve been there to wipe your tears when you’ve felt a bit homesick, they’ve dealt with your ‘hangry’ outbursts and generally were there to support you when you needed it. They’ve also seen you beaming as you walk through the local market, trying new things and growing as a person as you travel.
2. They know your authentic self.
Away from family and your usual circle of comrades, the friends you meet traveling get to know you without any outside influencing factors and get the opportunity to see the real you.
3. You have the best memories together
Remember the time you danced the night away at the Full Moon Party? Yeah they don’t remember either!
4. You’ve shared some of the worst journeys together.
Night bus anyone?
5. You’ve been drunk together more times than you can count.
Dancing on tables in multiple countries, trying all of the local brews, you’ve done it all!
6. And helped each other recover from the following hangover.
Taking turns to do the 7-11 runs for gallons of water and ham and cheese toasties. That is what true friendship is about.
7. They encourage you to take risks.
Like jumping off the side of cliffs, trying scuba diving for the first time, eating some of the more questionable local delicacy’s etc.
8. They give you more perspective.
It’s a big ol’ world out there, but when you meet someone who can open your heart and mind and teach you more about the world you know that you’ve found a friend for life.